[Digikam-users] Editing a small area in Image Editor - possible?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Nov 17 23:39:47 GMT 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 11:59:14PM +0100, Gilles Caulier wrote:

>    Chris,
>    To illustrate Mik comments, look inpainting tool in action ;
>    [1]http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/214
>    Gilles Caulier
>
>    2007/11/17, Mikolaj Machowski <[2]mikmach at wp.pl>:
>
>      Dnia Saturday 17 of November 2007, Chris G napisa³:
>      > Is it possible to edit a small part of an image in the digikam
>      Image
>      > Editor?
>      >
>      > What I particularly want to do is to remove (or at least tone
>      down) a
>      > couple of distant pieces of washing on a washing
>      line!  :-)  They're
>      > quite small, just a few tens of pixels across I would guess.
>      Open image in Image  Editor. Select area you want to "remove". Menu
>      Enhance->Inpainting. Select option "Remove Small Artefact". OK.
>      For small objects are really very good.

Yes, OK, maybe.

However it would be much better (for me anyway) if I had more control
over what was going on.

Why (for example) when I select a bit of a picture and go to
Enhance->Inpainting are General and Advanced Settings greyed out?

... and what do the black and white ! mean.  ... and what do Defaults,
Save As, Try, etc. mean?

... and what do all those funny Original | Target splits mean?

It's all a bit confusing to say the very least.

--
Chris Green