[Digikam-users] 0.9.3-beta2 debs for Ubuntu 7.10 / gutsy, anyone?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Nov 14 17:11:37 GMT 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Gandalf Lechner wrote:

> Hi Ari,
>
> I had a similar (or maybe the same) problem trying to compile digikam
> 0.9.3-beta or the svn version on Kubuntu Gutsy. configure worked fine, but
> make failed mentioning something about dmetadata. Moreover, starting the RAW
> converter plugin always used to crash digikam 0.9.2.
>
> In the end it turned out that the problem was some library on my system which
> was too old, although this was not detected by configure. I guess it was
> libkdcraw, and it needed to be at least version 0.1.2 ... but Arnd and Gilles
> should know, because they helped me to overcome this problem.
>
> Basically you need to remove the library in question (be sure not to remove
> all packages depending on it), get the new version, compile it, and then
> compile and install digikam.

See here:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2007-October/004308.html

On IRC we discussed it, and it boiled down to:
   dpkg  --force-depends --dry-run -remove libkdcraw

This is a re-occuring problem, that the old libkdcraw is found
before the new one (which you did install, right?).

Best, Arnd