[Digikam-users] Comments in png files

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:03:44 GMT 2007

2007/11/12, Paweł Marciniak <pave at o2.pl>:

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
> > No.
> >
> > No need to remove the whole IPTC content. Just remove the
> > iptc.application2.preview tags. You can use ExifTool to do it over PNG
> > file. This is what i will do in BatchProcessImages kipi-plugins to fix
> the
> > problem.
> >
> > In fact, to be clear, IPTC spec allow to set a preview image size to
> 256Kb
> > max. Of course JPEG section is limited to 64Kb. You understand the
> problem
> > ?
>
> Yes, I understood the problem even before, but since I don't depend on
> IPTC
> in my workflow, it was just easier to strip the whole thing.

ok

I think that what you plan for BatchProcessImages can also be done in
> digiKam itself

yes, this is another plan for me to make a batchqueuemanager (like BibblePro
do) in digiKam core, of course when the KDE4 port will be more advanced,
especially kipi-plugins. I think than 0.9.4 will be fine for that.

(saving png as jpg in image editor).

This is already fixed since 0.9.1. Try to save a jpeg file from a png file
with editor...

Gilles