[Digikam-users] Color managent question/problem

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed May 30 11:03:44 BST 2007

2007/5/30, FerBatista <ferbatista at mail.telepac.pt>:

> Hmm... I guess I should mention that I'm a Linux newbie, also I'm not a
> very
> advanced computer user, so you'll have to forgive me but I have to ask for
> little more details than that or a tutorial link on this subject.
>
> I really don't know anything about compiling apps, also what's the debug
> symbol?

Typically, there are 2  ways to install a program :

- one devel bin program with debug symbols : big and slow, but dedicaced to
give report if it crash and provide informations on console. It generally
the case when you compile yourself the program using a source tarball (and
when you use the right options to compile it in this mode)
- one target bin program without debug symbols : less big, more fast and
optimized. It generally provided by package like RPM or DEB.

Gilles