[Digikam-users] Gilles Caulier said I might have visability issue with gcc

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Thu May 24 18:36:38 BST 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007 07:40:53 +0200 (CEST)
Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 May 2007, Richard E Miles wrote:
>
> [ ... stripped all the stuff ...]
>
> Just to be sure, before doing configure/make again,
> you did clean up everything (I am sure you did ... ;-)
>
> > I am not willing to recompile all of qt and KDE to solve this.
> > There has to be a better way. Can you suggest a better solution?
>
> Would maybe installing CentOS 5.0 help?
>
> Best, Arnd

Arnd, I had not run make clean before. so I did that. configured with caulier's option. Ran make. The same result occured.

About Centos 5.0. I tried to install that version but it would not recognize my graphics card. I tried everything I knew about trying to rectify that but it would not run. This has been a problem with newer redhat releases since fedora core 5. It does dot even know what monitor I have. All the previous versions had no problem reconizing my monitor and graphics card. I am stuck at the current Centos 4.5 level for now and probably the future.

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA