[Digikam-users] Ratmail has arrived, someone has a secret to tell you!

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:29:00 BST 2007

Picture Cooler use a deconvolution algoritm to improve sharpness of
pictures.

digiKam has already a Deconvolution filter witch do exactly the same
(:=)))... Are you tried Sharpness Editor tool in Image Editor, and
especially the "Refocus" filter :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/lighttable_v8.png

The documentation is here :

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/photographic-editing.html#refocus

Is Picture Cooler support 16 bits color depth pictures, and especially RAW
file format ? ... because digiKam can do it !

Ah, forget to said : digiKAm is an open source program. I don't need to pay
15$ to use a proprietary program.

Also, during this summer, we will port digiKam under Qt4. digiKam will be
available under Win32 and OSX as well...

My 10cts €...

Gilles Caulier