[Digikam-users] using EXIF data to display portrait files properly

Michael Colalillo michael.colalillo at alumni.lehigh.edu
Tue May 22 05:32:16 BST 2007

Hi. I'm hoping I'm not imposing by asking a question that may have been
previously addressed.  I'm new to this mailing list.

Recently, I updated my ubuntu installation from Breezy to Dapper, which
updated my digikam from 0.7.2 to 0.8.2.  Now, suddenly, the display of
portrait files is not working properly.  The portrait oriented pictures are
sideways in both the folder view, and when I view each picture individually.

I do have Settings, Configure Digikam, Embedded Info, "Rotate images and
thumbnails according to EXIF tag" checked.  (It defaulted that way.)

The images do appear to have the proper EXIF data embedded in them.  I can
read it, and the Nautilus browser, and Eye of Gnome views them properly
(adjusting them per EXIF data).

The images come from a Canon Powershot SD450.

For a solution, I'm tempted to either go back to 0.7.2, or up to 0.9.x.  Is
this a good first step?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks...
Mike C.