[Digikam-users] kipi plugin problem

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Fri May 18 18:00:41 BST 2007

On Fri, 18 May 2007 09:05:55 +0200
"Gilles Caulier" <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/5/18, Richard E Miles <r.godzilla at comcast.net>:
> >
> > I am trying to incorporate the kipi plugins in digikam 0.8.2-2
> > and am having difficulty with getting the core plugin which i think has
> > the send plugin for email. Could you help me please as I spent a long time
> > trying to get this accomplished without success.
> >

> Richard,
>
> Install kipi-plugins package, Go to setup kipi from configuration panel in
> digiKam and select witch plugin you want in gui. That all...
>
> Note : why you use digiKam 0.8.2. It' s very old release... 0.9.1 is out
> with a huge list of improvements... (
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/features09x)
>
> Gilles Caulier

I have downloaded the new package 9.1 and related dependencies. I am using Centos 4.4 I hope I dont run into trouble installing it. I have a question. Will the new digikam
overwrite the one I am using?. Should I back up all my photos and the sqlite db of the current software before proceeding?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA