[Digikam-users] how to start in another language?

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Thu May 17 15:37:19 BST 2007

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure what you got, but you could easily check it. Open a shell
window and type

find / -name digikam.mo 2>/dev/null

after a few seconds you could see in which languages digikam is
installed on your computer. On my computer (running Kubuntu)  I've got
50 different language files for digikam and all located under
/usr/share/locale and its subdirectories.

The only way i know to change the language that digikam will start with
is the KDE control center. There is a menu/icon for Regional settings
and language there you could add additional languages. digikam will come
up in the language that is at top. If this language is not installed for
digikam, than it will come with the next installed language. English
should always be available and configured as "fall-back" language

Hope this helps
Oliver

Oliver