[Digikam-users] problem playing videos...

Andy Choens andy.choens at gmail.com
Wed May 2 20:14:02 BST 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 02:58:39 pm Alexandre Racine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Lately, I wanted to correct problems with digiKam and videos. Thumbnails of
> videos where not there, and the default video player is the image editor.

That's not good.

> Going to the FAQ, the thumbnails are now working! Thanks. But I still can't
> work out the default video player.

Oddly, on mine, the thumbnails are not working. But, the video works like a
charm.

> Everything works great in Konkeror.
So, I am guessing that Konqueror uses Kaffeine to watch the video. Am I
correct?

> Anyone has any idear what is wrong? Thanks.

Possibly. Do you have KMplayer installed? When I play a video, Digikam embed
KMplayer, not Kaffeine, even though Kaffeine is the default video player on
my computer. If you don't have KMplayer installed, I would try installing it
and see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't, check to make sure
KMplayer is working correctly.

I'm running Feisty too.
--andy