[Digikam-users] Problem compiling SVN digikam

Paul Waldo pwaldo at waldoware.com
Fri Mar 30 14:01:38 BST 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure digikam (stable) from SVN sources, and I get
stuck right at the beginning!  I followed the instructions at
http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn and immediately got an error
(below).  Thanks for any insight!

Paul

pwaldo at office /home/local_pwaldo/src/graphics/digikam/svn/graphics
$ export UNSERMAKE=no

pwaldo at office /home/local_pwaldo/src/graphics/digikam/svn/graphics
$ make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6 found.
*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating Makefile.am
*** Creating configure.files
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
configure.in:427: error:
`digikam/utilities/hotplug/digikam-download.desktop' is already
registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
autoconf/status.m4:300: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.in:427: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2