[Digikam-users] potential incompatibility between exiv2-svn and exiv2-0.12

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:12:19 GMT 2007

2007/3/15, Pedro Venda <pjvenda at pjvenda.org>:

> On Thursday 15 March 2007 12:50:29 Pedro Venda wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 March 2007 09:14:37 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > > libkexiv2 and digikam core fixed on svn.
> > >
> > > Because we have a broken binary compatibility with shared lib, please
> > > update and test by this way :
> > >
> > > - cleanup all : Exiv2, libkexiv2, kipi-plugins, digiKam (make
> distclean).
> > > - checkout source code everywhere.
> > > - re-compile and install (using autotools included).
> >
> > It works. Thank you.
>
> So it seemed.
> Digikam starts and works well but after a while it crashes with
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
>   what():  St9bad_alloc
> KCrash: Application 'digikam' crashing...
>
> I can replicate this behaviour simply by scrolling through a big
> album/search
> folder. After a few pages of scrolling, digikam invariably crashes.

This is relevant of KIO-slaves witch depand of Exiv2/libkexiv2. Have you
re-installed all digiKam as well on your computer ?

Here, on my computer, i have perform an un-install to be sure before to
recompile all (use "make uninstall" everywhere : Exiv2, libkexiv2,
kipi-plugins, etc...)

And of course no crash appears. Just note than i have do it not only just
on my office computer, but also on 3 others computers in my office and on my
laptop.

Gilles