[Digikam-users] Wrong date in all photos

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:33:30 GMT 2007

2007/3/15, Fabien <fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Just to make it a bit clearer for me (and maybe others) :
> If I'm not wrong, there are a few dates associated with a picture :
>
> 1) in file properties :
> - time of last access (not very useful for us)
> - time of last change in the data of the file
> - time of last modification of the file status
> (ususally, change and modification date are the same)
>
> This is common to any file on a unix file system.

These are the _File_ date properties on file system. This is not the date
when have be taken the picture.

2) in EXIF :

> at least
> - DateTime
> - DateTimeOriginal
> - DateTimeDigitized
> And also some fields in IPTC.

There are the date when have been taken the picture. this date is used by
digiKam to perform search.

Could you configure digiKam to display in tooltip "camera date" and
> "file date" ?

It's already in Photograph properties every where.

And also, configure digiKam (Album settings) to display "file creating
> date" and "file modification date"

Already exist in Setup Album page

Gilles