[Digikam-users] New splashscreen

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 09:21:07 GMT 2007

Hi all digiKam users...

Since digikam 0.9.1 is out, it's time to update the spashscreen. We need 2
splashs : one for digikam 0.9.2 and one for Showfoto 0.6.0...

I have no more free time to organize a contest. sorry...

If you is interressed to show your prefered picture like a splash on your
preferred photo manageent program, just send me your splash using the
official digikam/showfoto decorative banner.

Some tips before to post your file :

- The image must be taken horizontally.
- The image must be in XCF (gimp). I will export to PNG later.
- The subject must be independant of peoples. No direct face taken.
- The photo can be in Color or Black and White (i love B&W pictures, but i
think than color is more adapted - just my opinion)
- The photo must reflect your photograph quality. Please repect the base of
composition, perspective, focus, etc.

The gimp templates are here :

http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/splashscreen/digikam-splash.xcf?revision=641409

http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/showfoto/pics/showfoto-splash.xcf?revision=641410

You can send your contribtions to my large e-mail box "caulier dot gilles at
gmail dot com".

thanks in advance for your help

Gilles