[Digikam-users] images rotated in wrong direction

George gewe at hofmail.zzn.com
Thu Mar 8 15:52:57 GMT 2007

When I import images (Canon CRW format), the portrait images are rotated
in the wrong direction. In order to show them correctly I have to rotate
them 180 degrees.
This happens when I enable the option Metadata -> "Show images/thumbs
rotated according to orientation tag".

If I disable this option, the images are not rotated (so I have to rotate
them 90 degrees myself).
I don't see this problem with other (non-Canon) software, like Adobe
Photoshop or Bridge.

Is there a way to make digiKam rotate the images correctly without manual
intervention?

I am using digiKam 0.9.1 under Gnome 2.16.1, images were never viewed with
konqueror.

George