[Digikam-users] Using external media with digikam

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sun Mar 4 10:50:27 GMT 2007

Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> But that is the case today, the database is in the root library folder.
> So if you don't want to mix removable drives with fixed directories, you can
> do that. All it needs is switching around by changing the Album library path
> in the setup page. First time it takes a while to scan the new location and
> create the database. The second time it goes very fast. This way you can
> switch between different locations within seconds. The remote drive will be
> managed as a separate entity.

good, but not completely. I just tryed and I can't use digkam for a
collection on dvd.

I considere this as a bug :-)

In fact I have a message: "you wont be able to wrtie comments" (very
nice), but the "OK" button keep gray so the folder can't de used :-(

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur