[Digikam-users] Error in compiling from svn

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Jun 27 08:27:22 BST 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, [UTF-8] PaweÅ^B Marciniak wrote:

> Arnd Baecker wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I am a bit surprised that configuration should work
> > when two different exiv2/kexiv2 are around ...
>
> OK, just for your information.
>
> I decided to temporary remove libkexiv2* from the system lib location and
> restarted make. The compilation failed at the same point, but now
> complaining that it couldn't find libkexiv2 library, which was still
> installed in the homedir location specified by -L parameter.
> So I decided to configure everything once again, with libexiv2* only in my
> homedir. It went fine, and compilation succeeded.

Great! Better than before ;-)

> But now when I run digiKam, the stdout/err says:
>
> KIPI (loading): WARNING: KIPI::PluginLoader:: createInstanceFromLibrary
> returned 0 for JPEGLossless (kipiplugin_jpeglossless) with error number 3
> KIPI (loading): WARNING: KLibLoader says: libkexiv2.so.0: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> several times, when loading various stuff. I don't have access to many
> useful features (such as change date/time) anymore. Restoring the
> system-wide libkexiv* didn't help.
>
> Strange, isn't it?

It is annoying ... ;-),

Just to  be sure, the script I use to run a self-compiled digikam is:

################ <- snip here
#!/bin/bash

export LANG=C
export DIGIKAMDEST=/home/<place_of_digikam>
export KDEDIRS=$DIGIKAMDEST:/usr
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LDPATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LDPATH
export PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/bin:$PATH

hash -r
kdeinit
digikam

But presumably you have set these variables already...
And surely libkexiv* is in  $DIGIKAMDEST/lib/

What does
  ldd $DIGIKAMDEST/bin/digikam
give?

Best, Arnd