[Digikam-users] Error in compiling from svn

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Jun 22 19:42:24 BST 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, [UTF-8] PaweÅ^B Marciniak wrote:

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
> > Update libkexiv2 to the last stable and all will be fine.
>
> System-wide I'm using libkexiv2 from the latest Arch extra repository
> package, but I wouldn't like to mess with it and rather use the one I
> compiled from svn and installed in my homedir. Perhaps the compilation
> still uses the system-wide libraries instead of the ones from my homedir.
> How can I prevent it?
>
> For now I used:
> --with-extra-includes=/home/pave/digikam_svn/installed/include
> --with-extra-libs=/home/pave/digikam_svn/installed/lib
> with digiKam's configure script, and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pave/digikam_svn/installed/lib
> LDPATH=/home/pave/digikam_svn/installed/lib
> but it seems not enough.

I am pretty certain that it is the following:
Due to a bug, in my opinion, the wrong kexiv2 is found.
This has been discussed quite a bit.
See for example,
  http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2007-June/003687.html
for a hack

Gilles, can't something be done for this issue,
it comes up really frequently now?
(Jakub made some suggestions in the above thread,
if I remember correctly ...)

Best, Arnd