[Digikam-users] Browsing Videos plays sound, but no picture

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Jun 21 23:10:52 BST 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 21/06/07, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >
> > > In DigiKam 0.9.1 on Fedora Core 6, I cannot see the videos downloaded
> > > from my camera (Fuji 5500). The thumbnails display fine, but when we
> > > open the video we get sound only, no picture. The videos are in format
> > > avi.
> >
> > What happens, if you try mplayer/gmplayer etc. directly
> > on the video?
> > (Not sure which video player is actually used by digikam?)
> >
> > Best, Arnd
>
> The mplayer-based players work fine, that's what I always use. So does VLC.

I would suspect, that it is not a digikam problem, but
more a KDE one.
Isn't the programm which is connected with AVI's defined
on the KDE level?
See:
kcontrol:KDE Components: File Associations:video
There you should be able to make mplayer your first choice.

Do you have the same problem, if you try to watch the film from konquerer?

Best, Arnd