[Digikam-users] converting Pentax RAW problem

Sebastian Kraft sebastian_kraft at gmx.de
Sat Jun 9 10:01:54 BST 2007

Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Hmm, I don't know how much "RAW" the raw format of your Pentax is but I
> know much about Canons raw format CRW/CR2 And there are e.g. no
> whitebalance, color temp or gamma information part of the raw data. You
> only have metatags to give some hints how the photo looks like and the
> built-in raw-jpg converter generates an embedded preview.

white balance helped a lot. I knew that other converters set WB value
to Camera WB and haven't thought about this. Digikam does this only when you
open white balance dialog.
After working with WB, L/C/G and saturation results where ok.
So in part it was my fault... But I think digikam should give more support
to the user with creating some good presets, or a good looking image right
after opening it. It's not fair to always compare with Bibble or
Rawtherapee, but with them I open the file and it is quite well :)
But they don't have the ability to organize my pictures as well as digikam
does...

> But raw means here Its up to you how to interpret the raw data.
>
> Can you put a raw file online so its possible to play with it?

Here it is:(~10MB)
http://www.hey-you-freaks.de/photo/imgp2711.pef
Perhaps you can get it better? Please tell me your settings...

Thanks so far,

Sebastian