[Digikam-users] DNG-RAW to jpeg conversion artifacts

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Jun 5 18:00:49 BST 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:

[...]

> Important : likdcraw do not change dcraw.c. the file is just copied as
> well... So, we respect original licence.
>
> My fast conclusion is : if UFRAW is fine for Debian, well there is no
> problem to update libkdcraw using dcraw.c 8.72 (:=))) and the Debian bug
> report are dummy...
>
> I'm tired to fight against dummy licensing from open-source. GPL is fine.
> That all... If anybody want make money with software, he can do
> com/pro-softwares...

Can't agree more - just go for 8.72!

(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dcraw/+bug/86480
is not moving forward at all, so why bother.
And really, reading the license I don't understand
where there is problem. In the thread, there
is only a vage reference to someone named "James (Troup)"
who is not happy (whatever that means!) with the licence ...
no point in digging further into this - let the debian legal folks
sort this out - and yes, I am using debian ;-)

Best, Arnd