[Digikam-users] DNG-RAW to jpeg conversion artifacts

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Tue Jun 5 16:15:17 BST 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 14:46:25 Stefan Grosse wrote:
> Not to forget that there are other cameras that will be left out which
> were added since 8.60: Nikon D40x, Panasonic DMC-FZ8, Olympus E-410,
> Fujitsu S5 pro to name some I found on the changelog:
> http://www.lebsanft.org/blog/index.php?cat=9 (I did not find an official
> changelog but this for the windows version).
>
> What I saw there as well is that the k10d/gx-10 bug was fixed in version
> 8.69 ...

I would like to point out that dcraw 8.60 is the last version which has free
license. Newer version have some license restricitions which are preventing
use in Debian or Ubuntu (main/universe).

See this bug for more background:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dcraw/+bug/86480

This does not mean that you cannot use it, but it makes life harder for
packagers.

Regards,
Luka