[Digikam-users] how to get tags from one album to another?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Jul 21 13:11:08 BST 2007

> Thanks for your answer. It's no problem to extract the data (I use this
> quite often: I need to use my own mySQL database for the management of my
> photos - because it seems nobody is interested in talking about a
> professional tagging plugin... ;-(  ).
>
> But the problem is to *insert* data. I tried, but with no success.
>
> I extracted all data from Tags and TagsTree from "old version", changed all
> the numbers (added highest value of id in "new" to each id/pid in "old", so
> that there are not two identical ids), then added the overworked data from
> old tables to the new tables.

- I assume you have verified that the tags you inserted can be found in the
db? SELECT * FROM Tags WHERE id=...
TagsTree is not critical, there are triggers in the database that usually
insert new tags into that structure

- Your tags have a valid parent? I mean, a tag must have root as grandparent
somewhere up in the hierarchy. But you would have warning messages in the
console then.