[Digikam-users] how to get tags from one album to another?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Jul 20 12:49:01 BST 2007

Hello,

I work(ed) with digikam 0.9.2 and with svn-version. Each version has its own
album path and db.

Now I'd like to move all photos from 0.9.2 to the svn folder, but
*without loosing all my tags*.

How can I do that?

First idea was, to write all tags into IPTC and then move the folders and let
create the tags from IPTC in the "new" album. But as there are a lot of
tagged images in formats that don't support IPTC (CR2, tiff), this approach
doesn't work...

Is there a tool/script/something that could help me move the pictures together
with their tags?

thanks for hints

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com/en/linux.html