[Digikam-users] Strange situation in debian testing .

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Jul 10 19:36:15 BST 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Thomazeau Yves wrote:

> I would want to tell that on the debian testing depository there is the
> digikam 2.0.9.2 beta 3.1 package that works.

good!

> But
> you can t install the kipi plugins  with it (you have to choose digikam or
> kipi plugins ) .

> on an other hand there are no digikamimage plugins available

That's ok, because they got integrated into digikam.

> ......so that
> there is no possible editing with digikam at the moment ....

Editing should therefore possible - have you tried
to invoke the editor? Are there problems?

> I would like to have advises on this problem as i don t know if digikamimage
> plugins are to replace totally kipi plugin on the future ,

No. kipi-plugins are used also outside of digikam,
see http://packages.debian.org/testing/kde/kipi-plugins

> if kipi plugins
> will be for ever incompatibles with digikam and most of all i d like to say
> that despite the package is on constant progress , it is really difficult to
> handle in debian testing since a lot of time ......(maybe i should stay on
> the stable versions for this package ?) .

Well, if you run testing you will have to live with problems
from time to time ....

Best, Arnd