[Digikam-users] view by date stopped working

santner santner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:39:09 BST 2007

Hubert Furey wrote:

>> My pictures start in January 2004 and go through today.  The issue is
>> that when I choose to view my pictures by the date, that mysteriously
>> starting in November 2006 through this month no pictures are displayed
>> in that view.  All of those folders between November 06 and July 07 are
>> completely empty.  I have checked the pictures taken in this time frame
>> and they all have the correct date information stored, so I'm not quite
>> sure why this isn't working.
>>
>> Shane
>>

> Are the pictures from Nov 06 - July 07 found in any album while in date view?
>
> As well what is the Album date for one of those empty albums?  while in album
> view you can edit the album properties and locate the Album date.  Try resetting
> one of these album dates and see what happens.

 From what I can tell, the pictures from Nov 06 - July 07 are not in any
other albums while in date view.  I didn't do an exhaustive search -
more of a quick scan.

In date view, it doesn't seem possible to edit any properties of the
albums in question.  When I right click on the album there isn't a menu
that shows up.  If I go into the albums view, then I can no longer
locate these date specific albums.  Maybe you could give me a little
more guidance on how to reset one of these album dates?  Thanks,

Shane