[Digikam-users] Save original filename in IPTC

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Jul 2 16:10:47 BST 2007

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> There is no standard IPTC tag for that... but this is already done in
> Exif.Image.DocumentName by editor or batch tools...

Oh, I didn't know that with Exif. Thanks for the hint! However, in IPTC
the 'Object Name' could be used for that.

The key to using this feature (if applied) would be some kind of
automatism that writes the image filename to this IPTC and/or EXIF field
as soon as the image is loaded. After that, the file can be renamed
however the user would like, since the original filename is saved as a
reference.

Would that be worth a feature request?

Cheers,
Robert