[Digikam-users] Display photo D1h and D1x

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 13:55:59 BST 2007

2007/7/2, stephane at unices.org <stephane at unices.org>:

> Hi Gilles,
>
> Thanks for your answer. What I mean is when I press F3 with a raw file
> from my D70 or my S3, I get the whole picture. When I do it with a jpg
> or a tiff as well. But when it's a raw file from my D1x or D1h, It's
> still the thumbnail and I've to edit (F4) to really open it (slower).
>
> I get the problem is really with pictures from D1.

well try this on command line :

#dcraw -e foo.nef

... to extract the embeded preview from NEF picture file. a new jpeg file is
create. Look if it's a full image or a reduced thumb.

digiKam use actually dcraw 8.60 (the binary dcraw program used by digikam is
"kdcraw"). Perhaps with a more recent realease of dcraw program, NEF preview
extraction are better supported.

Gilles