[Digikam-users] IPTC and tags, again... Questions to the team

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Jan 11 16:37:11 GMT 2007

Dnia czw sty 11 2007, Luka Renko napisaƂ:

> Could we have "Save image tags as Keywords" option per tag? That way you
> could select which tags should be stored and synced with Keywords and
> which not (DB only or some other field).

I would vote for something like this. Don't use option "store tags as
keywords" but make this setting per tag: private tag which will be
stored only in Digikam database and public tag which will be stored in
IPTC/XMP keywords.

IMO one additional feature would be essential: specialized option of file
export with possibility to transport even private tags between trusted
Digikam computers. Option of export could be protected with password and
after import of photos into another Digikam, private tags should be
removed from IPTC/XMP.

m.