[Digikam-users] IPTC and tags, again... Questions to the team

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Wed Jan 10 16:40:59 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 10. January 2007 13:01, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> *tags* could be:
> - work for customers -> company X -> job Y
> - free work -> models -> Susi
> (this is personal information to organize my archive, but nothing of it
> should go into IPTC - like the real name of the model is important for me,
> but often should not be published and may not appear in the image file)
>
> while *keywords* could be:
> - emotions -> love -> parent/child (I know "/" cant be in a keyword... :-)
> ) - people -> groups -> families
> (this is "public data" that I want in IPTC)

Could we have "Save image tags as Keywords" option per tag? That way you could
select which tags should be stored and synced with Keywords and which not (DB
only or some other field).

I would still like to have digikam DB fully recoverable from images itself,
therefore proposal from Gilles about using "Supplemental Categories" for full
tag hierarchy storage is actually not bad either.

Regards,
Luka