[Digikam-users] tag hierarchy wish 139547

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Jan 9 08:35:05 GMT 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 19:19, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le lundi 8 janvier 2007 18:50, Daniel Bauer a écrit :
> > - Is there a reason to select "Not Tagged" too when clicking "select
> > all"? (My arguments why not to select it are in Comment #56...)
>
> No of course, i will fix it (:=)))...

Good morning Gilles,
I've seen it now, fine, thank you.

> > - I dont really understand the function of "apply changes" in
> > Comments/Tags. What is it for?
> >
> > Changes are always applied, as soon as I click in another picture, on an
> > empty space in album, choose another album. So what makes the difference,
> > if I click "apply" or if I don't?
>
> Both are right. Some users cannot understand how to apply changes in
> picture to change the current image focus. The Apply Changes is explicit...

thats what I though

> Also, you have now a Revert button to cancel all changes.

yes, I've seen it, probably nice (I don't need it :-) )

> > - Is the IPTC-stuff currently under development or shall I file some bugs
> > I thik I found in Rev: 621321 ?
>
> Witch IPTC-stuff exactly ?

here we go:

1) first letter of top parent tag is not saved to IPTC ("Mytesttag"
is "ytesttag" in IPTC)

2) if a tag-tree is applied the same tags are saved several times:
	if tags are:
	- Mytesttag
		- testtag
			- testtag2
	IPTC keywords will be (also note missing "M"):
	"ytesttag, ytesttag/testtag, ytesttag/testtag/testtag2"
	but should be just "Mytesttag, testtag, testtag2"

3) newly applied IPTC data is not shown in Metadata sidebar immediately:
	- select a jpg in album
	- check a tag in Comments/Tags sidebar
	- click "Apply Changes" (tags appear in album = ok)
	- open Metadata Sidebar: added keywords are not shown
	- select any other picture in album, then again select the previous pic:
	  keywords are shown
	the same is true in similar way when removing a tag

4) photographer identity, credit, copyright are not saved to IPTC when
using "save as ..." (I've already mentioned this somewhere else)

if these are unknown bugs, shall I file 4 separate bugs or all in one or none?

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch