[Digikam-users] digikam finds images only as root

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at esi.ac.at
Wed Feb 28 09:23:05 GMT 2007

I experienced a similar behaviour when having images in my collection which
were owned by root. Maybe you should check the read/write permissions of the
images.

Regards,

Gandalf

Am Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2007 07:30 schrieb Armond Paiva:
>    As non-root user, all folders are scanned by digikam, but according
>    to digikam's image display,  it's as if all folders are empty... no
>    images.
>
>    Immediately after reinstalling KDE, all images were displayed fine
>    from a non-root user.
>
>    However, after a reboot, it's back to the initial scenario....
>    images are only 'detected' by the 'root' user.  According to all
>    non-root users, there are no images.
>
>    Any help will be appreciated.  Digikam is quite handy when it works.
>
>    Thanks, -Armond

Gandalf Lechner
Erwin Schroedinger Institute for Mathematical Physics
Boltzmanngasse 9
A-1090 Vienna
Austria

phone: ++43-(0)1-4277 28268 (office)