[Digikam-users] digikam finds images only as root

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Feb 28 07:40:31 GMT 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Armond Paiva wrote:

>    As non-root user, all folders are scanned by digikam, but according
>    to digikam's image display,  it's as if all folders are empty... no
>    images.
>
>    Immediately after reinstalling KDE, all images were displayed fine
>    from a non-root user.
>
>    However, after a reboot, it's back to the initial scenario....
>    images are only 'detected' by the 'root' user.  According to all
>    non-root users, there are no images.
>
>    Any help will be appreciated.  Digikam is quite handy when it works.

I am not sure if we have all bits of information needed
to help you ;-). So let's see:

1) Did you compile digikam yourself (from the tarball, or svn?)
   a) If so, to which place?
   b) Have you tried to you run kdeinit after setting
      the environment variables correctly, after installation?

   (For installation from svn have a look at
    http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn
   For tarball installations:
2) If you used packages from your distribution:
   a) which distribution
   b) which packages?

   For information on pre-built packages see:
   http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/binary/

Best, Arnd