[Digikam-users] image viewing only works as root

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Feb 5 06:53:13 GMT 2007

Le lundi 5 février 2007 01:23, Armond Paiva a écrit :
> digiKam is installed and running mostly great on my gentoo system.
> It's pulling images off of a Cannon EOS Rebel Xti without any
> problems.
>
> However, it is only display images from an album when running as root
> user.  All albums appear empty when non-root.
>
> When importing as non-root a dialog pops up saying:
>
>     "Could not start process Unable to create io-slave: klauncher
> said: Unknown protocol 'digikamalbums'."
>
> Here are the version numbers and 'use' flag info:
>
>     media-gfx/digikam-0.8.2-r1  USE="arts doc nfs -debug
> -kdehiddenvisibility -xinerama" LINGUAS="-bg -bn -br -ca -cs -cy -da
> -de -el -en_GB -es -et -eu -fi -fr -ga -gl -he -hu -is -it -ja -km -lt
> -mk -ms -mt -nb -nl -nn -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -rw -sl -sr
> -sr at Latn -sv -ta -tr -uk -vi -zh_CN" 0 kB
>
>     media-plugins/digikamimageplugins-0.8.2  USE="arts -debug -xinerama"
>
> Thanks in advance, -Armond

digiKam use some KIO-slave to run properlly. If you have this message :

"Could not start process Unable to create io-slave: klauncher
said: Unknown protocol 'digikamalbums'."

... this is want mean than kio-slave are not installed properlly in your
computer.

- Installation : tarball, package, svn ?
- Try to grep "digikamalbums" in your computer. Where is located ?
- Are you read the README file before to compile and install ?