[Digikam-users] Can I run digiKam 0.9.3 under KDE 3.5 ?

Piotr Tarnowski piotr_tarnowski at wp.pl
Mon Dec 31 16:48:53 GMT 2007

Luka, Gilles, Oliver,

thank you for explanation, 0.9.3 is up and running now on my PC.

Some thoughts:

(1) I very like quick search text box, and:
  (a) I would prefer to have it independent of what information is shown
      in album (I have most of them in hint)
  (b) I would like negation (so not contains)
  (c) I think it would be nice to have history of values entered in search
box
  (d) I wonder is Regular expressions entered there as an option would be
useful
  (e) When I switch main filter, the color of quick search box does not
      update with respect to current matching (small issue)

I will try proved patches for some of these extensions soon.

(2) I do not know how 'show sub-albums' works - or maybe it does not
work for me

(3) I very like quick search by file type, and:
  (a) I would like to see this open to my named queries - this would result
      in better selectivity of these filters. This maybe because both my RAW-s
      and working copy are both TIFF (16-bit and 8-bit output from VueScan
      - I am old fashioned gay and use and scan 35mm film)

(4) I've browsed filtering code and I found that these filters are not
implemented as SQL queries, wouldn't this be perform better that way?

(5) While building digiKam I always have a small issue - I have to link
*.h directories of dependent libraries to digiKam source root after
configure and before make - small issue, when I remember this everything
builds fine :)

Anyway great job, thank's a lot.

I future I will also try to contribute
(not successfully so far but probably it needs more time ...).

Regards,
Piotr Tarnowski