[Digikam-users] Why does adding a keyword make the file size smaller?

Thomas Lunde tlunde at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 05:47:16 GMT 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 1:36 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> digiKam use Exiv2 library to play with metadata. Witch version you use ?

I'm not 100% sure how the packaging on ubuntu is set up, but this
might tell you:
tlunde at entrepot:/var/log/mythtv$ dpkg -l |grep exiv
tlunde at entrepot:/var/log/mythtv$ dpkg -l |grep xiv
tlunde at entrepot:/var/log/mythtv$ dpkg -l |grep exif
ii  libexif12                                  0.6.16-1
               library to parse EXIF files
tlunde at entrepot:/var/log/mythtv$

> Can you send me the touched and untouched images in private to test here ?

Yes, they're headed to your private email right after this message.

Obviously, it is a bad quality shot from a photographic point of view.
 I used a "junk" image just in case I accidentally overwrote the
original while I was working with it.

Thanks for the help!
Thomas