[Digikam-users] New computer for Digikam

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sat Dec 8 10:41:55 GMT 2007

Dnia Saturday 08 of December 2007, Dotan Cohen napisaƂ:
> I am considering replacing an aging desktop computer. The machine is
> used mostly for Digikam, Amarok, and Kopete. Only occasionally are
> other apps, such as K3B, Firefox, Skype, and Open Office ever used.
> Therefore, I want a system that is tuned best for Digikam.

digiKam can only gain from faster disks, memory and processor. Next
version of KDE can gain from better graphic card due to increase usage
of OpenGL effects but I am not aware about usage of those in digiKam
- now or in near future (apart from slideshows).

m.