[Digikam-users] Digikam-users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 5

Paristo paristo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 23:03:33 GMT 2007

> > I have taken copies of all my pictures and i have few hundreds albums
> > and i just noticed that exiv2 command dont support wildcards. Or
> > actually it support but it dont understand difference between file and
> > directory.

It seems everyone forget this info, i have backups from all pictures
(actually many versions) ;-)

 http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/linux-newbie/105360-recursive-bash-rename-script.html
> For more complicated loops:
> http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/loops1.html
>
> (Warning repeated: if you do something wrong here,
> you might ruin your images ...)

Thanks, i will check that. I have backups taken and all what i need is
get IPTC tags off.

> If you just want to remove all "non-pixel-info" from your files you could use
> imagemagick with the -strip option in combination with the find utility, like
> for example:
>
> cd orig-dir
> find . -name "*.jpg" |xargs -i basename "{}" jpg|xargs -i convert -quality
> 88 -interlace line -strip -verbose {}jpg ../stripped-dir/{}jpg

I cant use this because it will save pictures again and i lose
quality. I have Canon, Nikon and Olympus RAW files too but most are
JPEG's.

Exiv2 allows only IPTC tags to ḃe removed without image be saved
again. And this is important thing why i cant use anything what saves
picture again. Or i wanna lose Exif information. Thats why there is
these i and c options on exiv2 command with -d

I'm not just trying to convert something to somewhere to smaller
space, just getting removed IPTC tags what seems to jam digikam on
start when it is not compiled with --debug option from SVN.

So i work with copies, i just run what now i need to get IPTC tags +
EXIF comments removed while original Exif information will remain. And
then if i get digikam to start because this, i can continue to use it
and mayby debug better what is wrong and digikam dont start. If
digikam dont start still, there is something more on my pictures.