[Digikam-users] Color Managed View - How?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Dec 4 21:47:58 GMT 2007

Hi,

this is a followup to an oldish thread, but still...

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Arnd Baecker wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I have the information, that there will be a Linux Verion for the Spyder in
> > late fall. Here is the original message:
>
> This is great news (my attempts to contact the company in this respect
> failed ... ;-) - thanks a lot for the information!

Unfortunately, it seems that there won't be a linux version
for the spyder, as the companies policy forbids
to cooperate with "OpenSource solutions"
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/openicc/2007q4/001026.html

So to me the message is very clear:
  "Do not buy ColorVision products"
(if you intend to use the stuff under linux...)

In the (longer) thread, the Huey is discussed to be the
most interesting alternative (its support is in ArgyllCMS V0.70 Beta 7
and LProf/CVS and thus very recent).
((What is not clear to me is whether the
"Pantone huey Pro" makes a difference to the "Pantone huey Pro"
when used under linux ...))

Best, Arnd