[Digikam-users] IPTC usage

Jared Breland jbreland at legroom.net
Fri Aug 17 12:18:53 BST 2007

>> However, I'm still not able to apply the tags automatically at import.  As
>> stated above, I have all of the options under "IPTS Actions" enabled, but
>> nothing gets applied.  Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?
>
> In the camera GUI you also need to set the 'On-the-fly operations', maybe
> you're missing those.

Hmm...  I'm actually not doing this through the camera GUI.  gphoto2 has a
bug in it that prevents listing/transfer of more than 1024 images, and I
have about 1600 on my SD card.  So, I popped the card into a USB card reader
and used the "Add Images" button to import the photos.

Could this cause the failure to apply IPTC?  If so, why would camera
transfers vs. picture imports be treated differently in this respect?  Is
there any way that I can apply the default IPTC data to all images post import?

Thanks again for the assistance.

--
Jared