[Digikam-users] IPTC usage

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Aug 17 09:32:58 BST 2007

On Freitag, 17. August 2007, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> You need the kipi-plugins installed, then you find the editor under
> the 'Images' menu.

Gerhard, I missed this metadata editor since a long time, and just now I found
out, that my 0.9.3svn-install obviously doesn't use the svn-downloaded
kipi-plugins but instead those that are installed by openSuse-rpms (0.9.2).

For my svn-version I use the scripts from digikam website ("Install digiKam in
your Home Directory"). kipiplugin_metadataedit.la and
kipiplugin_metadataedit.so are in my /home/daniel/digikamSVN/lib/kde3 and are
up-to-date - just that 0.9.3svn ignores them.

How can I make my svn version use the latest kipi-plugins?

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com/en/linux.html
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/