[Digikam-users] Image management tutorial

Eddie Armstrong eddie_armstrong at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 10 10:57:06 BST 2007

Andreas Weigl wrote:
> The thread "Image organisation query" got me thinking. Is there a "Image
> management tutorial" based on digikam?
Not AFAIK
> Should I set my camera to RAW or JPEG?

Some cameras can do both at the same time but otherwise this depends on
your needs.
if you are happy to let the camera produce (albeit high-quality) photos
for you then do jpeg. However you can never get back to your raw data
and access the pre-jpeg information.
If you want the control and quality of negatives but with extra
processing steps then use RAW
The problems with RAW is that camera makers regard itheir own RAW  as
their property and are not open about the format (their is no guarantee
it wil always be supported, accessible etc)

> How should I organize my images on the disc?
> How do I backup my images?

see 'image organisation query' thread

Google 'DAM'  (digital acces management)