[Digikam-users] usage scenario - is this possible?

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+digikam at tikei.de
Sat Aug 4 14:46:17 BST 2007

Hi folks,

I'm looking for an integrated solution to manage my photo collection.

Here is my current usage:

1. I copy the files from a CF card to the hard disk
This is done using a perl script that extracts the date and time. The
photos are stored in a directory structure
year/month/year-month-day-hour-minute-second-<some number>.jpg.

Sometimes I also use RAW files (Canon .CRW or .CR2), these are also
handled by the script.

2. I view the pictures
In this directory structure, I view the imported pictures and delete
the bad ones.

3. I create galleries