[Digikam-users] F-Spot --> Digikam

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed Apr 25 17:01:38 BST 2007

Dnia środa 25 kwiecień 2007, Andy Choens napisał:

> So, I went command-line, and started looking at the dbs. Here's what I
> found.
> F-Spot Database
>  To save 99% of my info, I really only need to interface with 3 tables.
>
> Table Name		Table Columns
>  photos			id, time, directory_path, name, description, default version
>  tags			id, name, category_id, is_category, sort_priority, icon
>  photo tags		photo_id, tag_id

> Digikam Database
> Obviously, I have to move the info into this db. I'm sure the layout of
> this file is well know to everyone here, but I'll lay it out anyway. I
> think I really only need to interact with 3 tables here.
>
> Table Name		Table Columns
>  Images			id, name, dirid, caption, datetime
>  Tags			id, pid, name, icon, iconkde
>  ImageTags		imageid, tagid

I would go (but I don't know how - and if - it would work):

Dump F-Spot database to text format.
Import several photos by hand (tagging, creating albums, etc.). How many
it depends on your current structure.
Dump newly created Digikam database into text format.
Compare.
Everything is regexp now.
Import text version on modified F-Spot database into Digikam.

m.