[Digikam-users] LCD for photos

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:05:19 BST 2007

On 14/04/07, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl> wrote:
> Dnia piątek 13 kwiecień 2007, Gerhard Kulzer napisał:
> > In the affordable range there's Samsung Syncmaster 205BW 1680*1050 that
> > can be had for 230Euros. Next best is ViewSonic VG1930wm and Eizo
> > Flexscan 1901, all at about the same price tag.
>
> Thanks. Interesting (and heartening) results. All are on TN matrix which
> means it is not so bad as some say.
> >
> > Personally I have a Belinea 1020, 20" 1600*1200, and I'm very happy with
> > it. But before summer I will switch for a 30" cinerama model, and for
> > someone like you I would sell it really low price (but the postage could
> > be expensive?)
>
> Prohibitive.
>
> Thanks to all and I hope this slightly off-topic thread will help others
> :)
>
> m.

I took a USB drive with some photos to Bug, a local computer chain.
The only CRT they had, a Viewpro 20" made much better pictures than
even their most expensive LCD. That convinced me: I'll save some money
and trade desktop space for a CRT when I next buy. The current LCD's
are good compared to the old, but CRT's are still much better for
photos.

Note, for reading text I do prefer my laptops LCD to the desktop's
CRT. But for photos it won't do.

Dotan Cohen

http://chat-message-boards.com
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/computer.html