[Digikam-users] Getting rid of button bars

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:21:34 BST 2007

On 10/04/07, Paul Waldo <pwaldo at waldoware.com> wrote:
> dennis at meulensteen.nl wrote:
> > Guys, it sounds like the both of you are on different wavelengthts! No use
> > getting into an agrument over a misunderstanding...
> >
> > Paul is talking about prints and Dotan about computer monitors.
> >
> > I guess you both have different end-uses in mind for your photography.
> >
> > The common ground seems to be that you need to consider what you will do
> > with the output before you press the shutter. A no-brainer, right?
> >
> > Dennis
> >
> Excellent mediation, Dennis!
> I concede :-)
>
> Paul

I didn't even realize that we were arguing: I thought that we were
discussing the subject. I suppose the tone I intend when writing an
email is not the tone that the reader perceives. Sorry for appearing
argumentive. I thought that I did mention that for use on a monitor,
the camera should not be rotated. Paper is a different medium and has
different limitations.

However, with the consideration that group A will want to use Digikam
to view photos on the computer and group B will want to use Digikam to
organize photos for print, the argument is still in favor of
sacrificing vertical photos for horizontal. Group A obviously needs
only horizontal display, for reasons stated in previous emails. Group
B is not affected by the drawbacks of vertical photo display because
they are not interested in seeing the photos on the screen anyway,
rather they are interested in seeing the photos on paper.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/635/white_zombie.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/malware.html