[Digikam-users] One photo in several albums

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Sep 15 19:06:11 BST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Daniel Seifert wrote:

[...]

> The current approach with digikam I am looking at is to use tags (e.g.
> give all photos in album A the tag "Vacation XYZ complete" and give
> those photos who are also in album B the tag "Vacation XYZ
> presentation"). This would allow to simulate what I want to do quite
> nicely.
>
> If there is no other solution, the tag approach is something I could
> live with. So here's the challenge to you - is there any better way of
> doing this?

Personally, I like the tags approach, but as always it is a matter
of taste and being used to other concepts ;-)

Another option is to use rating.
Eg., only images with rating >=3 are good enough to be presented
to others. Then one can easily define an Advanced Search
according to the required criteria.

HTH, Arnd