[Digikam-users] EXIF and RAW

Paul Waldo pwaldo at waldoware.com
Tue Oct 31 18:09:43 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I am using an older version of Digikam, version 0.8.2-rc1, as package with my
Kubuntu distribution.  I have two questions:

- Is there any way to coerce digikam to read the EXIF information for the RAW
files?  I have compiled the latest version of exiv2 and have that available,
but no luck reading the EXIF with digikam.  I would prefer to hold off until
the next release of Kubuntu to get a later version of digikam, so as to not
have to try to compile digikam...

- When importing images from my CF card, only *.CRW files get transferred.
None of the *.THM files generated by the camera get transferred.  Since these
files are generated by the camera, I think of them as part of the "digital
negative".  Are they not needed for anything?

Thanks in advance!

Paul