[Digikam-users] DigiKam and ACL

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen kubuntu at mekanix.dk
Fri Oct 27 09:16:31 BST 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 13:11, Fabien wrote:

> > But it looks like DigiKam is overruling the default ACL from imported
> > pictures by removing any writeaccess for all except the owner.
>
> I did some tests and it looks fine.
> New albums inherit extended rights and added files have the correct
> permissions...
>
> Could you give us more details about your configuration (digikam
> version, kde version, linux distribution, file system) ?

Kubuntu 6.06, KDE 3.5.5, digiKam 0.8.2-RC1.

> Could you also send the results of getfact on directories and files you
> have ?

I dropped ACL. The solution I'm using instead i changing the umask of the
system (002 I think). Creating a group for all who need to share the album,
set this group as owner of the album and then setting the group-permission to
rw for the album. Any newly created sub-albums will then inherit the same
permission.

This works (almost) importing pictures from a camera everything is fine. But
when I import from a directory or cd-rom write-permission is "removed"
(actually, it just inherit the permissions of the original file).

There is a thread on the kubuntu mailing-list starting on october 1st with
more details.

Bjarne