[Digikam-users] showfoto and imageeditor jpeg loading

Debajyoti Bera dbera.web at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 19:24:35 BST 2006

> What CPU and memory do you have?
> 10 seconds for a JPEG sounds really long.

384MB / 2GHz celeron / running mandriva-2007 / xfs on all relevant partitions.

I noticed something else. There is a _huge_ amount of disk access during that
few seconds loading time. I have the store all metadata in image _and_
database option checked. The images are not large - max 1.5MB.
Also its not the images or machine. Because, showfoto doesnt take that long or
doesnt cause that much disk access.

I will try to figure out whats going wrong.

The direct codepath to jpegloader is same - I was wondering if the imageeditor
is trying to do something in another thread maybe ? Dunno ... but I have the
source, so I wont complain ;-).

Thanks.
- dBera